Map for Visitor

News Update :

Project Mobot 2007 Line Follow Robot Tutorial

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

 Figure 1. Project Mobot 2007 Line Follow Robot Tutorial

MOBOT 2007 Robot Competition
 
This robot was built for MOBOT 2007, a very difficult line following competition held every year at Carnegie Mellon University. By documenting this robot I can at the same time teach you how to build a line following robot. 

So MOBOT is really really hard . . . but me being a bit crazy and only starting a few days before, I decided to accomplish the line following with one photoresistor. Yes, just one! I also decided to use the exact same edge-detecting algorithm as that used on my Stampy robot. I could do the course with a single non-scanning photoresistor, but decided the scanning servo will allow it to work a bit better.  

Design in CAD

As usual I always first design my robot in CAD. Below are a few selected side-by-side comparisons of my CAD images and actual images of the robot. As you might notice, the CAD images dont take into account the optical distortion caused by distance from the camera. You will also notice small inaccuracies between both because I took shortcuts in CAD (functionality over pretty-ness). 

In the back you will notice my AVR programmer mounted by use of velcro, wedged right between two long spacers. I left it out of CAD from laziness and last minute planning . . . Also, obviously I didnt CAD in the wiring, but when you CAD, always make sure the wiring fits. Its often a mistake I make . . .  


Continue to Read More from Original Source : http://www.societyofrobots.com/robot_mobot_2007.shtml
Share this Article on :

0 komentar:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright Robot and Instrumentation Technology 2010 -2011 | Design by Herdiansyah Hamzah | Published by Borneo Templates | Powered by Blogger.com.